Studio HVN founded in 2009 by Henny van Nistelrooy after received his Master degree
in Design Products at the renowned Royal College of Art London.
- Craft: The Reset, Design Society, Shenzhen CN 2018
- Here is Now, Long Museum, Shanghai CN 2018
- Nature follows abstraction, KWM Art Center, Beijing CN 2017
- Urban Crafters BJDW, Design Days Dubai, Dubai UAE 2015
- Living Spaces, Textiel Museum, Tilburg NL 2014
- Design For Seating, CAFA Museum, Beijing CN 2013
- Chinese Design Awards, Guangzhou CN 2013
- Aesthetics City, Design Shanghai, Shanghai CN 2013
- Salon / BJ, Beijing Design Week, Beijing CN 2013
- Salon / Kant, Oude Kerk, Amsterdam NL 2013
- Meet Design, Triennale di Milano, Salone del Mobile, Milan IT 2013
- Design Parade 7, Villa Noailles, Hyeres FR 2012
- The Front Room, Milan IT 2012
The earliest records of a solar and lunar eclipse in ancient Chinese history date from 2165 – 1137 BC. The Moon is a symbol in Chinese philosophy and arts rather than simply a planet in traditional Chinese culture. From ancient myth Chang’e to Poets from Tang & Song dynasty, the Sun and the Moon together become a pair symbol of Yin & Yang philosophy.
Studio HVN “Eclipse” rug design for TAN was inspired by solar and lunar eclipse. The design creates an eclipse of two rugs seemingly overlapping each other made in three different shapes and colors. Each piece is an eclipse in a different stage
of being, representing from early losses to total eclipse. The collection together represents the gradual happening of
one full eclipse.
The products are handmade in Nepal by skilled craftsman over a time period of four months. Through a process of spinning yarn from Nepalese wool, dying the fibers, and hand knotting, the rugs are slowly made to high quality interior products.
1. The blue one represents the moon;
one circle slides over the other that makes 1/3 eclipse,
2. The orange one represents the sun;
one square slides over another that makes 1/2 eclipse,
3. The green one represents the earth;
one rectangle overlaps another that makes a full eclipse.
Elle Decoration International Design Award
100% Nepalese highland Wool
Moon: 300 x 300 cm
Sun: 300 x 300 cm
Earth: 300 x 240 cm